Guérande lights up
The town of Guérande in the French department of Loire-Atlantique has selected Bouygues Energies & Services, a Bouygues Construction subsidiary, to upgrade part of its street lighting stock and to operate the 3,000 light points in its public lighting network for a period of 15 years as part of a Public-Private Partnership. A key aspect of the PPP, due to start on 1 January 2016, is the creation and animation of a dynamic trail of light showcasing 39 important sites within the medieval town and cutting energy consumption by more than 40%, which will link in with a unique mobile app for tourists.
A dynamic, evolving and energy efficient trail of light in the medieval town
This dynamic lighting scheme will enhance 39 sites in Guérande’s medieval town and change with the seasons. At two key points in the year, Christmas and the Medieval Festival, specific lighting designs will be displayed in the heart of the historic town. The scheme will also involve schools by projecting their graphics.
In order to upgrade the lighting system in the medieval town and reduce energy consumption, Bouygues Energies & Services will also renew the 120 light fixtures by using all-LED technology and installing Citybox© units: this solution, designed and developed by Bouygues Energies & Services, makes it possible to precisely programme lighting at the light point, based on the time and day of the week, and offers access to numerous services that help enhance the tourist trail, such as PA systems.
Innovative: a mobile app for tourists that links in with the light trail
Moreover, a mobile app for smartphones and tablets will provide a geolocation facility as well as access to explanations about the various landmarks in the medieval town and to practical information about local shops.
First sites to be carried out in 2016
The 39 sites will be illuminated during the first year of the PPP. The first buildings to be showcased in 2016 will be the Notre Dame La Blanche chapel and the Porte de Saillé town gate within the town boundaries, and the sites outside the town boundaries. Fabienne Viala, Director of Bouygues Energies & Services France-West, says: “This partnership with the town of Guérande represents a benchmark for Bouygues Energies & Services as it shows our ability to offer comprehensive solutions in energy performance and city management that are ever more innovative and attractive.”
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Our goal : being innovative together.
- We will demonstrate that it is possible to put technology at the service of well-being!
- SIRO announces investment with joint venture to connect 10 towns to Its gigabit network
- Smart management of public amenities will enable local authorities to improve their performance.
- Mozambique faces electricity supply challenges due to limited infrastructure required to generate and evacuate power.
- Signing of a new contract with Equis, the first regional developer of renewable energies
- Award for centralised technical management system of Marseille’s L2 bypass
- The safety commission met on site and officially recommended that the building could open to the public
- Delivery of 4 solar farms 100km to the north of Bangkok
- New latest-generation production site for a world leader in carbon fibre manufacturing
- An exemplary project combining technical challenges, energy development and local involvement
- Three key aspects of the airport: operations centre, baggage and pass office
- Contract signed with Equis, leading developer of renewable energy in the region
- Five buildings comprising several operating theatres and 250 beds