Construction of a second solar farm in Japan
Tokyo, October 2, 2017 – Equis Energy (Equis), the largest renewable energy independent power producer (IPP) in the Asia‐Pacific region, has selected Bouygues Energies & Services (a subsidiary of Bouygues Construction) and Toho Electrical (Toho) to build a 41 MW solar project in Yaita, in Tochigi Prefecture, Japan. Bouygues Energies & Services and Toho will provide Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) services for the project, which began construction in June 2017.
Adam Ballin, Equis Energy Board Director, said, “Thanks in part to strong ongoing regulatory support, the future continues to be extremely bright for solar energy in Japan, where renewable energy generation is expected to increase by 65% by 2030. We look forward to continuing our partnership with Bouygues Energies & Services in Yaita City, creating over 200 jobs, supporting the community and supplying low‐cost, clean solar energy.
Xavier Perdereau, Business Development Director of Bouygues Energies & Services and CEO of Bouygues Energies & Services Japan, said, “We are extremely happy and proud that Equis decided to select once again Bouygues E&S Japan and its partner Toho for this major project: this shows and confirms our ability to accompany our client in its successful expansion. The trend for renewable energy projects in Japan stays positive and gives us solid ambitions in this EPC market.”
Equis is one of Japan’s largest renewable energy IPPs, focused on developing, constructing, and operating solar and wind generation facilities. In Japan, Equis owns 45 projects comprising 1.4 GW and has a further 1.1 GW under development. At its regional headquarters in Tokyo and local offices in Shichinohe, Kasama and Fukushima, Equis employs over 60 professionals well‐versed in development, design, project management and investment. This is the second photovoltaic facility in Japan on which Equis has partnered with Bouygues Energies & Services for EPC services, following previous collaborations in Thailand and the Philippines.
Bouygues Energies & Services is one of the leading global EPC companies for PV solar projects. In Japan, it is currently building for Equis a 13.7 MW facility in Noheji, Aomori prefecture. Bouygues Energies & Services has major references in Europe and in Southeast Asia, where in the Philippines in 2016 it completed the largest solar project in the region, with a generation capacity of 132.5 MW. Bouygues Energies & Services is also active in Australia, and maintains a significant share of the solar EPC market.
Toho Electrical specialises in telecommunications and renewable energy and will provide mechanical and electrical construction expertise on the Yaita solar project.
The Yaita project is slated to start operating in April 2018 and will generate approximately 89,800 MWh per year, providing clean, safe electricity to 12,905 households, saving 58,364 tons of CO2 as well as 84.6 million litres of water.
About Equis Energy
Equis Energy operates from 15 Asian offices, employing 302 professionals including 100 engineers and 38 local development professionals. Equis isthe largest renewable energy IPP in the Asia‐Pacific region based on installed capacity and owns 105 renewable energy assets, totaling 4.9 GW across Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, the Philippines, Taiwan and Thailand. In addition to its current portfolio of 4.9 GW, Equis has a further 75 assets and 6.2 GW under development.
About Bouygues Energies & Services
Bouygues Energies & Services develops tailor‐made and turnkey projects for photovoltaic, thermal, cogeneration and biomass power generation plants. The Bouygues Construction subsidiary has become a leader in the EPC (Engineering Procurement and Construction) market for megasolar farms, worldwide. It has proven track records in the construction and operation of photovoltaic plants in France, the United Kingdom, Thailand and in the Philippines. For further information about Bouygues Energies & Services, please visit www.bouyguesenergiesservices.com.
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Because preserving health and safety is and will remain the top priority.
- The Top Employers Institute acknowledges the quality of the company’s working conditions and its HR policies.
- Come and meet us to develop innovative energy solutions together
- How is the OnDijon scheme progressing after one year ?
- The results of more than 3 years of work presented at the European Utility Week
- The international event on urban development.
- A successful handover had been completed for Phase 1 of VIRTUS Data Centres’ LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Our goal : being innovative together.
- We will demonstrate that it is possible to put technology at the service of well-being!
- SIRO announces investment with joint venture to connect 10 towns to Its gigabit network
- Smart management of public amenities will enable local authorities to improve their performance.
- Mozambique faces electricity supply challenges due to limited infrastructure required to generate and evacuate power.
- Award for centralised technical management system of Marseille’s L2 bypass
- The safety commission met on site and officially recommended that the building could open to the public
- Delivery of 4 solar farms 100km to the north of Bangkok
- New latest-generation production site for a world leader in carbon fibre manufacturing
- An exemplary project combining technical challenges, energy development and local involvement
- Three key aspects of the airport: operations centre, baggage and pass office
- Creation and animation of dynamic trail of light showcasing 39 important sites
- Contract signed with Equis, leading developer of renewable energy in the region
- Five buildings comprising several operating theatres and 250 beds