Renovation of Rennes airport’s
In these unique circumstances due to the health crisis, we have carried out the renovation of the runway lights of Rennes Airport’s main runway. This runway is used to guide planes coming in to land. The taxiways (routes aircraft take when moving to or from the runway) were also renovated. Given the situation, we have established a new organisational and logistical structure. Our specialist airport sector teams collaborated with several companies on this project.
completed in 8 days
of cables laid
for the runway lights
The site reopened on 14th April 2020 with the implementation of new sanitary measures. In order to meet our deadlines, the teams worked 6-day weeks. 10 km of micro-trenches were dug using 5 Cleanfast trenching machines, allowing for 40 km of primary cables and 40 km of secondary cables to be laid. These provide power to 300 runway lights (runway edges, runway junctions, and taxiways).
“On 14th April, we returned to Rennes. All of our employees were geared up and ready to go. But before we could get started, we had to answer a lot of questions regarding mask wearing, protective measures and gestures for the transmission of disease, accommodation, catering, etc., because we are all from Lyon,” explains Site Project Manager, Stéphane Itric.
After conformity checks on the installations, the site was declared complete on 7th May 2020, less than a month later. Runway lighting tests were carried out during the night, verifying that everything was working in accordance with civil aviation specifications, so the project could be delivered the following day.
Our latest case studies
- Piolenc, a town of 5,000 inhabitants located in the France, is home to the largest floating photovoltaic plant in Europe.Energy
- Construction of four solar farms to the north of Bangkok, Thailand.
- Thailand increases its energy capacity by building a solar farm with an output of 12,000 MWh
- Bouygues Energies & Services, BYME and VSL have handed over the biggest solar farm in South-East Asia to Helios Solar Energy Corporation. This large-scale project with a total output of 132 MWp will contribute to making up some of the chronic shortfall in the Philippines’ power production with renewable energy.Energy
- Thailand confirms its shift to green energy with this new contract
- Japan is now home to the world’s largest solar farmEnergy
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Sustainability is a unifying theme and major partnerships are being established.Our UK team has been selected by VIRTUSfor the turnkey delivery of its LONDON7A day of interactive discussion about diversity and inclusion strategy.Round table to discuss about national and European support for the hydrogen industry.Project Manager Aaron Yule will lead the team in charge of transforming Ashford's lighting.Official opening ceremony of the new North Mole thermal power plantAfter 1 year of work, the connected control centre of the OnDijon project was unveiledBecause preserving health and safety is and will remain the top priority.The Top Employers Institute acknowledges the quality of the company’s working conditions and its HR policies.Come and meet us to develop innovative energy solutions togetherHow is the OnDijon scheme progressing after one year ?The results of more than 3 years of work presented at the European Utility WeekThe international event on urban development.A successful handover had been completed for Phase 1 of VIRTUS Data Centres’ LONDON5 facility.
With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.Our goal : being innovative together.We will demonstrate that it is possible to put technology at the service of well-being!SIRO announces investment with joint venture to connect 10 towns to Its gigabit networkSmart management of public amenities will enable local authorities to improve their performance.
Mozambique faces electricity supply challenges due to limited infrastructure required to generate and evacuate power.Signing of a new contract with Equis, the first regional developer of renewable energiesAward for centralised technical management system of Marseille’s L2 bypassThe safety commission met on site and officially recommended that the building could open to the publicDelivery of 4 solar farms 100km to the north of BangkokNew latest-generation production site for a world leader in carbon fibre manufacturingAn exemplary project combining technical challenges, energy development and local involvementThree key aspects of the airport: operations centre, baggage and pass officeCreation and animation of dynamic trail of light showcasing 39 important sitesContract signed with Equis, leading developer of renewable energy in the region