Power supplied to northern provinces of Mozambique
Bouygues Energies & Services developed energy distribution networks in the northern provinces of Mozambique as part of a project to meet the electricity requirements of a growing population.
km of low voltage electricity networks
Ordered by the company Electricidade de Moçambique (EDM), this rural electrification project, carried out between 2007 and 2008, involved extending and creating distribution networks in the Nacala, Nampula, Quelimane, Gure, Tete and Chimoio districts.
We delivered solutions specially tailored to its clients’ needs, including:
- a turnkey package covering design and construction
- logistics services adapted to the remoteness of the sites
We installed 198 distribution substations with a capacity ranging from 25 to 250 kVA. To transmit the electricity, 48km of medium voltage distribution networks and 940km of low voltage distribution networks were installed in the area.
As a result of these works, 22,000 subscribers were connected to the grid. The upgrades made to the electricity networks help meet the needs of a growing population in the northern regions.
We demonstrated our capacity to complete this complex project, to apply the technical skills needed for its successful implementation and to manage the geographical location. The company has an extensive footprint in Africa, where it is developing ever more ambitious projects. Find out about the 90kV LONGONI-KAWENI high voltage double-circuit transmission line carried out by our teams in Mayotte.
Our latest case studies
- Rehabilitation of two 400kV overhead power lines in Rhône valleyEnergy
- 90kV high voltage double-circuit transmission line running between LONGONI and KAWENI delivered in MayotteEnergy
- 150km of electricity networks created to improve access to electricity in rural areas in Mali.Energy
- Two 225kV extra high voltage overhead power lines to be built between Argentière and Serre Ponçon and between Grisolles and PralongEnergy
- Upgrade of Addis Ababa’s power network in Ethiopia.Energy
- The North Gabon interconnected network has been handed over after work spanning 30 monthsEnergy
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Sustainability is a unifying theme and major partnerships are being established.Our UK team has been selected by VIRTUSfor the turnkey delivery of its LONDON7A day of interactive discussion about diversity and inclusion strategy.Round table to discuss about national and European support for the hydrogen industry.Project Manager Aaron Yule will lead the team in charge of transforming Ashford's lighting.Official opening ceremony of the new North Mole thermal power plantAfter 1 year of work, the connected control centre of the OnDijon project was unveiledBecause preserving health and safety is and will remain the top priority.The Top Employers Institute acknowledges the quality of the company’s working conditions and its HR policies.Come and meet us to develop innovative energy solutions togetherHow is the OnDijon scheme progressing after one year ?The results of more than 3 years of work presented at the European Utility WeekThe international event on urban development.A successful handover had been completed for Phase 1 of VIRTUS Data Centres’ LONDON5 facility.
With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.Our goal : being innovative together.We will demonstrate that it is possible to put technology at the service of well-being!SIRO announces investment with joint venture to connect 10 towns to Its gigabit networkSmart management of public amenities will enable local authorities to improve their performance.
Mozambique faces electricity supply challenges due to limited infrastructure required to generate and evacuate power.Signing of a new contract with Equis, the first regional developer of renewable energiesAward for centralised technical management system of Marseille’s L2 bypassThe safety commission met on site and officially recommended that the building could open to the publicDelivery of 4 solar farms 100km to the north of BangkokNew latest-generation production site for a world leader in carbon fibre manufacturingAn exemplary project combining technical challenges, energy development and local involvementThree key aspects of the airport: operations centre, baggage and pass officeCreation and animation of dynamic trail of light showcasing 39 important sitesContract signed with Equis, leading developer of renewable energy in the region