Ashford Borough Council Street Lighting Win
Bouygues Energies & Services UK has been awarded the contract to upgrade street lighting across Ashford Borough Council. The project will involve the upgrade of Ashford’s current street lighting units to modern, energy-efficient, LED lanterns.
There are significant environmental and economic benefits of the project. The new lights will reduce energy consumption by over 65%. These savings will not only reduce carbon emissions for the borough but will also reduce energy bills for the local taxpayers.
Martin Roberts, General Manager for Bouygues Energies & Services said on the project win ‘We are pleased to see more local authorities committing to environmentally friendly, cost-efficient street lighting for their communities. This project in Ashford will benefit local residents and continues our ongoing work in the Kent area’.
Work will begin on the lighting upgrade in 2020 and once the work has been completed the lights will be handed over to Kent County Council for any future maintenance.
Cllr Paul Clokie, Ashford Borough Council Portfolio Holder for Corporate Property, said: ‘Ashford is the first district to commit to investing in upgrading the street lights we own before handing them over to Kent County Council. We consider this to be a worthwhile investment in providing more modern LED lights which are cheaper to run, longer-lasting and more energy efficient. It represents a good deal for local taxpayers.’
Read more about how we're saving Kent County Council over £4,000,000 a year
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- A day of interactive discussion about diversity and inclusion strategy.
- Round table to discuss about national and European support for the hydrogen industry.
- Official opening ceremony of the new North Mole thermal power plant
- After 1 year of work, the connected control centre of the OnDijon project was unveiled
- Because preserving health and safety is and will remain the top priority.
- The Top Employers Institute acknowledges the quality of the company’s working conditions and its HR policies.
- Come and meet us to develop innovative energy solutions together
- How is the OnDijon scheme progressing after one year ?
- The results of more than 3 years of work presented at the European Utility Week
- The international event on urban development.
- A successful handover had been completed for Phase 1 of VIRTUS Data Centres’ LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Our goal : being innovative together.
- We will demonstrate that it is possible to put technology at the service of well-being!
- SIRO announces investment with joint venture to connect 10 towns to Its gigabit network
- Smart management of public amenities will enable local authorities to improve their performance.
- Mozambique faces electricity supply challenges due to limited infrastructure required to generate and evacuate power.
- Signing of a new contract with Equis, the first regional developer of renewable energies
- Award for centralised technical management system of Marseille’s L2 bypass
- The safety commission met on site and officially recommended that the building could open to the public
- Delivery of 4 solar farms 100km to the north of Bangkok
- New latest-generation production site for a world leader in carbon fibre manufacturing
- An exemplary project combining technical challenges, energy development and local involvement
- Three key aspects of the airport: operations centre, baggage and pass office
- Creation and animation of dynamic trail of light showcasing 39 important sites
- Contract signed with Equis, leading developer of renewable energy in the region
- Five buildings comprising several operating theatres and 250 beds