Delivery of four solar farms in Asia
Bouygues Thai has delivered a project involving four solar farms in Ayutthaya, 100km to the north of Bangkok (Thailand), as part of a joint venture with Bouygues Energies & Services and local company McTric.
The four farms will generate 18MW of power per year, which will be fed into the national grid. This is the second project to be carried out by Bouygues Thai for its client Primeroad following on from the 8MW Amata solar farm in 2015.
The main requirement of the project was to build a 3m-high embankment in order to protect the farms from flooding. Over a 4-month period, 8,405 concrete piles were installed to accommodate 1,319 mounts for the 201,720 solar panels! In addition, 63km of trenches were dug and 162km of cables run. More than 500 people worked concurrently on the project to ensure it was delivered on time. The farms are the first to be completed by the Bouygues group using thin-film solar cell technology, which is particularly well suited to hot climates.
Bouygues Bâtiment International and Bouygues Energies & Services aim to build on this new successful cooperation and extend their activities throughout Asia and especially in Australia, where large-scale projects should shortly come on stream.
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- After one year of work, the connected control centre at the heart of the OnDijon project was unveiled
- Because preserving health and safety is and will remain the top priority.
- The Top Employers Institute acknowledges the quality of the company’s working conditions and its HR policies.
- Come and meet us to develop innovative energy solutions together
- How is the OnDijon scheme progressing after one year ?
- The results of more than 3 years of work presented at the European Utility Week
- The international event on urban development.
- A successful handover had been completed for Phase 1 of VIRTUS Data Centres’ LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Our goal : being innovative together.
- We will demonstrate that it is possible to put technology at the service of well-being!
- SIRO announces investment with joint venture to connect 10 towns to Its gigabit network
- Smart management of public amenities will enable local authorities to improve their performance.
- Mozambique faces electricity supply challenges due to limited infrastructure required to generate and evacuate power.
- Signing of a new contract with Equis, the first regional developer of renewable energies
- Award for centralised technical management system of Marseille’s L2 bypass
- The safety commission met on site and officially recommended that the building could open to the public
- New latest-generation production site for a world leader in carbon fibre manufacturing
- An exemplary project combining technical challenges, energy development and local involvement
- Three key aspects of the airport: operations centre, baggage and pass office
- Creation and animation of dynamic trail of light showcasing 39 important sites
- Contract signed with Equis, leading developer of renewable energy in the region
- Five buildings comprising several operating theatres and 250 beds